How to Register as a New Parent User on txConnect Gradebook
Parents, you choose your own user name and password. If you forget or lose your password, or wish to change it, you will go through an automated process to reset your password. If you have not receive a student Portal ID, please contact your child’s campus. You must have a valid Student Portal ID for every student you wish to add to your account. From the School website, www.boydisd.net, click on Parent Access at the top of our web page.
Next, click on the link txConnect, this will take you to the Login Page, click the link under New User to go to the Registration page.
- In the User Name field, enter a user name that will identify you when you log on to txConnect, such as a combination of letters from your first and last names.
- Your user name must be six to nine characters and must be unique (not used by anyone else in the district).
- Your user name is not case-sensitive (i.e., it does not matter if it is uppercase or lowercase letters).
- If you type a user name that is already taken, the system will notify you that the user name is taken. Another user name needs to be entered.
- In the Password field, enter a password that you will use when you log on to txConnect.
- Your password must be six to nine alphanumeric characters.
- It must be a combination of 3 of the following: uppercase, lowercase, numeric and/or punctuation (e.g., aBc1234 or Jackets!).
- Your password is case-sensitive (i.e., it must always be typed exactly as it is entered, including uppercase and lowercase letters).
- In the Confirm Password field, retype your password exactly as it was typed above. This step confirms that you have typed your password as intended.
- The E-mail field is used to send the attendance, grade average, and assignment alerts to you. It is an optional field.
- Click Next.
If all required data was not entered, a red message will appear to the right of each field that is missing data. That information must be provided before you can continue.
If the data was entered correctly, the Hint Question is displayed.
- In the Question field, select a question to which you will provide an answer. This question will be asked in the event that you lose your password.
- In the Answer field, type the answer to the question. You will be required to answer the question correctly in order to recover your password. You should select a question for which you will easily remember the answer. Answers are case-sensitive (i.e., it must always be typed exactly as it is entered here, including uppercase and lowercase letters).
- Click Next.
- If the data was entered incorrectly, a red message will appear to the right of each field that has incorrect data. That information must be provided before you can continue.
- If the data was entered correctly, the Add Students page is displayed.
In the Student Portal ID field, type his student's portal ID that was sent out with the report cards. If you not have this ID, he must contact the student’s campus for the information. You cannot continue without entering a valid Student Portal ID.
- In the Student Birth Date field, the type your student's complete birth date in the MM/DD/YYYY format (e.g., 01/19/1998). The date entered here must match the birth date in his student's record at
Click Add. The student's name will appear in the Added Students box on the right side of the page. The parent must successfully add at least one student in order to create an account.
Repeat the previous steps to add another student, or click Finish.
If more than one parent would like to receive notices about a student, he/she will be able to set up another account with the same given code. Students may also want an account to view missing grades or to see their latest average.
Having problems, please contact the following;
Please Contact student’s teacher the email is located on the classroom site.
Please contact the student’s campus office.